Job Title: HR Business Partner
Reports To: Commercial Director / HR Consultant
To support the achievement of business objectives, by providing a customer focused and proactive HR business partnering service. Assisting clients through professional, commercial and pragmatic HR advice and support spanning both strategic initiatives and everyday HR support.
To provide professional and confidential HR Business Partnering advice and support to clients across all stakeholder levels; including but not limited to: employee relations issues, terms and conditions of service, policies and procedures and the delivery of more strategic HR programmes.
This role requires a commercial approach and the ability to manage client relationships to a high standard.
- In conjunction with the BDM, contribute to the initial proposal to prospective clients, based on the WWR service offering
- Support the business development team with all aspects of the sale process: new business meetings, support with proposals etc
- Contribute to the client discovery phase – ensuring that we have clarity of their requirements and the services they are likely to need from us moving forwards in order to provide an appropriate quote.
- Working with the HRC team, support the delivery of HR services and ensure that clients are getting the best service possible according to their contract with us. This requires a proactive and forward-thinking approach internally and externally – driving progress for the client through excellent service delivery which is planned ahead of time.
- Be a main point of contact for clients - giving commercial, credible and confident advice which is aligned with the WWR service offering and escalating to the HRC when required to do so.
- Advise on employment relations issues such as discipline, grievance, appeals, change and absence management and ensure that cases are dealt with fairly, commercially and pragmatically
- Undertake client admin where required and ensure delivery to the highest possible standard
- Review policies and templates for delivery to clients
- Working in conjunction with the dedicated client HRC, support on complex employment relations issues such as discipline, grievance, appeals, change, absence management, TUPE, redundancy, settlement agreements and IR35 – ensuring that at all times, cases are dealt with fairly, commercially and pragmatically
- Deliver best in class training initiatives to clients, in conjunction with HRAs and HRCs. Facilitate course evaluation to ensure their effectiveness
- Be proactive in reviewing central policies and templates and ensure that whenever possible, they are streamlined for maximum effectiveness for both WWR and the client
- Act as the bridge between the HRA and HRC team and provide any support to the HRAs as may be required. Ensure that any work is carried out to the highest possible standards – both in terms of timeliness, budget and quality of delivery
- Identify opportunities for upselling/business development of other WWR services into managed clients.
- Proper use and management of all internal systems that are required to support service delivery and to meet the needs of key audit criteria
- Be responsible for client ROI – logging time spent by client to ensure that WWR’s fee is commensurate with the service being delivered.
- Be responsible for mitigating against risk – both for WWR and for the client
- Support the development of a new client base through networking opportunities, following up on leads and pursuing referrals
- Regularly contribute across the WWR HR team as a whole, recommending improvements to systems and procedures to improve efficiency
- Undertake further project work as and when required
This list is a summary of the main accountabilities of this role and is not exhaustive. The role holder may be required to undertake other reasonable duties from time to time.
- Client renewal/retention rates
- Client contract delivery SLAs (by providing prompt, legally compliant advice and services to clients)
- Client relationships and feedback
- Client upselling – additional revenue
- Client ROI
- Internal delivery KPIs – time SLAs and quality of outputs
- Internal relationships and feedback
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS FOR THIS JOB
- Previous experience in HR Consulting or Business Partnering and providing professional and pragmatic HR advice to agreed SLAs
- CIPD L5 qualification, or qualified by experience
- Working knowledge of employment legislation and practical experience of managing multiple complex employee relations casework
- Commercially experienced with an ability to manage relationships with external providers and / or clients at a senior and decision-making level
- Experience of creating, delivering and managing learning and development initiatives
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically and maintain confidentiality with internal and external stakeholders to deliver solutions
- Previous experience of leading, coaching and supporting HR Advisors and Learning & Development advisors
- High attention to detail and quality of delivery
- Proactive in approach
- Interested in streamlining process & driving up team efficiencies through smart use of technology and attention to continual improvement initiatives
- A strong communicator, with an ability to manage expectations – both internally and externally
- Happy to take ownership and be accountable
- Able to think ahead and forward plan to ensure that delivery is on time and to a high standard
- Gives confidence to clients and internal stakeholders alike through clarity and conviction
- Understand those aspects of the role that are effectively ‘billable hours’ (rather than an internal HR function) and act with the appropriate level of speed
- Strong IT and numeracy skills, with experience in using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Roles will be based from home in the Northampton area, with some travel to the York Head Office